Thursday, March 29, 2012

European Championship 2012 - 8th round

Today I played against IM Leon Lederman from Israel. He plays the Nc3 French and after Nf6 he continues with Bg5 the Alekhine-Chatard attack. To avoid playing his favourite line I prepared 3... h6 which should be good enough for a draw and it might annoy a player who likes this Bg5 idea. In the game I realised that I had a hole in my preparation and I suffered in the opening but somehow I managed to simplify to an equal looking endgame. Then in my effort to destroy the opponent's connected passed pawns I ran into a forced line where I had to sacrifice a rook for a knight and a pawn. The endgame was an easy loss but overall I played OK with 2-3 mistakes so I wasn't upset very much... :)

Later we went to see the Old Town
Watchdog

Old town, old car

Konstantin, Jozsef and me having dinner

Old town

Roman theater from the 2nd century in Plovdiv

No comments: