Friday, March 30, 2012

European Championship 2012 - 10th round

Probably I played my most interesting game today. I prepared a long line in the Modern Benoni with White but it turned out that my opponent prepared from the same book and since it was his main line, he read a bit more... actually he prepared an interesting novelty which he held back to play it later against a GM and not to reveal it now. But I will show it anyway - just for you...

It's a well know position in the Modern Benoni. Now my opponent prepared ...Ne5 f4 and f5!? with interesting complications

In a complicated middlegame I couldn't remember my preparation and I made an incorrect sacrifice instead of playing normal moves in an equal position. After some inaccuracies on my opponent's side I was still OK but in the end he consolidated his position and I was lost. Objectively the sacrifice was bad but it's still very interesting and gives Black some headache to come up with the best moves. So all in all it was an interesting game, but my opponent was better prepared and won a nice game.

Tomorrow is the last round and I will prepare some surprise...  :)

No comments: