Tuesday, March 27, 2012

European Championship 2012 - 6th round and rest day

Jozsef made his fourth draw against stronger opponents which is already a very good result but of course he is now eager to win. In the 6th round I played my worst game so far. I had the opening advantage with White against a Dutch setup but miscalculated in a complex position and then I went down very quickly.
Vladimir Pogosian - my Armenian opponent

Jozsef against his Bulgarian opponent Stojan Lubomirov Ivanon


Maybe I was tired, I couldn't focus on the game, so it was good that we had a night in a bowling club, we did some karting and then on the free day (26 March, Monday) we went to the Rila Monastery some 200 km to the west from Plovdiv.
Now after almost 48 hours withut chess we are back to the analysing board - the second half is about to begin...

On our way to Rila

Snowcapped mountains close to Rila

Rila Monastery - on the UNSECO world heritage list

The most sacred orthodox monastery

Rila Monastery

Rila Monastery 

Life in Rila

No comments: